UGH I hate being sick! I don’t even know how I got sick! I just know that overnight I developed a sore throat, and slowly over the day my nose became runny. By the end of that day, I was fatigued.
The next day I woke up with a sore body, a throbbing head, a runny and blocked nose (how?) and a sore and itchy throat. I was dying (or so I felt). I don’t know why this happens, and I’m curious if anyone else is like me, but when I’m sick, I’m like another person.
I’m the baby version of myself.
All of a sudden I’m immobile and can barely walk properly. I develop a weird limp because my legs are all of a sudden too heavy for my body. I can’t lift or do things because I’m too weak. I’m drawn to soft foods. And for some reason, all I can do is simple small talk.
Like who have I become over the last few days?
I think it’s because here in Australia we are transitioning into winter, and because I have naturally curly hair, in order to have nice curls when I go out with the girls, I have to let my hair dry naturally. And since it’s cold, it takes like 500 years to dry. I think that is a contributing factor. That and my inability to sleep lately. I think my body was exhausted and just was like “Antibodies, take 5. You’ve been working hard lately. Mucous membranes, go for lunch. White blood cells? Chat amongst yourselves. It’s been a hard few weeks.” And so during their chill out sesh, sickness was like “hell yeah, this place is super chill and relaxed. Let’s hang out here.”
Here’s my advice to my fellow sick people:
- Cough/sneeze into your jumper. I know it sounds gross, but it prevents you from spreading your sickness through droplets to them next person. Besides, it’s just your own body. So some coughing onto your undershirt is alright.
- Carry around tissues no matter what. You don’t want that awkward wiping your nose on your hand or sleeve situation. It’s disgusting.
- Don’t carry around your dirty tissues too long. Throw that soggy infected shit away !!!
- Use antibacterials religiously. Disinfect your hands! This prevents contamination and further infections–it helps prevent spreading to others !
- Wash your hands as often as you can. I mean, really?
- Don’t touch anyone or anything that’s communal before sanitizing. Don’t spread the germs honey.
- Get plenty of rest Your body is working so hard. Let it regroup, re-engerize and kick butt.
- Take tablets. They will help with the inflammation of your throat, your headache, temperature… just take them.
- Get your vitamins. Help your body! Eat fruit and veggies, or drink juice.
- Drink water. Come on people. Wash the toxins out.
Okay, those are my tips! Let me know in the comments, if you too end up like a baby version of yourself when you are sick.
Thanks for reading,