I’ve been going through a bit of a rough time. SO in order to bring me out of my little slump, there are a few things I like to do. I’ve comprised a list of things that encourage getting out of a rutt, but we will get to that later..
I like to watch video’s of empowering women and inspirational women.
To me, an empowering woman is someone I aim to be like. She is the embodiment of self-confidence, she is funny and she wouldn’t take shit from anyone (pardon my French).
At the moment I’ve had no self-confidence and have not been feeling like myself. I don’t know why break ups have this effect on me. I lose myself in the relationship, and by the end of it I don’t know who I am.
So in order to become the best version of myself again, I’ve been only watching inspirational people.
The first woman is Mindy Kaling in ‘The Mindy Project’. I love how she is confident, loves herself and her body. She is hilarious and dresses how she wants. She is my spirit animal. I am one of those people who is too afraid to dress how I like and dress understated and boringly. I’m too afraid to be my loud and attention loving self. I love making jokes and socializing with people, but I’m always too scared to get into that position.
The second woman is Lena Dunham. Her confidence in who she is and her body is inspiring. She too wears what she likes. I am not confident in my body, and these two women inspire me to be more confident.
The third woman is Dita Von Teese. Whenever I feel down, I watch interviews with her in them. She is confident in her body, dresses incredible and gives great advice about how to be confident in yourself.
The last two, are my two good friends. They give me great advice and are amazing human beings. They are confident in themselves and inspire me to be my best self.
In order to be my best self, I’ve put together a list:
- Dress how you want. Life is too short to suffer in your outfits and feel ugly.
- Do your hair. You know, that hair style you’ve been dying to do since forever ! DO it.
- Wear that bright lipstick! which leads me to the next point..
- Buy under-garments. That’s right. Some flattering and sexy lingerie. Not only if you are wearing lingerie that flatters your body, and makes you look incredible in the nude, you will feel good about yourself. And I don’t know if it’s just me..but I’d feel kind of cheeky knowing that I look pretty damn good under my clothes haha
- Don’t care what people think! The only thing that should matter to you, is your own happiness.
- Do what makes you happy! Try and incorporate in at least one activity a day that you enjoy. Watch that show you love, take a bath to relax etc. Do what you love!
- Start a diary. Whenever you feel down, write it down. Get it all out and you’ll feel better ! Don’t message your ex all that crazy stuff that’s been in your head! Write it down (helped me).
- Exercise. Believe it or not, it makes you feel better and get’s your stress out.
- Friends! They are the best. Go out with them, talk with them..what ever !
- Find people who inspire and empower you ! Seeing them living life to the fullest just being themselves, should motivate you to be your best.
Okay, so that was my guide to getting out of a slump and being your best self. Good luck!
Thanks for reading!